Mouthwash has many benefits for your smile, but the question always arises in the surgery as to whether or not it is safe for children. The use of mouthwash isn’t ideal for kids of all ages, although it can help prevent several oral health problems in children that are a little older.
How to use it safely:
1. Consider using only after discussing your child’s suitability with your dentist
2. Only advised for high-risk children over the age of six
3. Child should be supervised at all times by parents
4. Ensure the child comprehends that it is a rinse and not a drink
1. reduce plaque
2. eliminate bad bacteria
3. treat halitosis (or bad breath as it is commonly known)
4. Reduce the risk of caries (Tooth decay) in your children’s teeth
As with all dental issues, mouthwash should only be taken by your child if suggested by your own dentist. There are many issues with children taking mouthwash unnecessarily or without supervision and caution should always be the order of the day.